My unexpected achievement



My unexpected achievement

Nobody can forget their school days; they always remain cherishable and an un-erasable memory in our hearts.

I differ here in the fact that, I enjoyed my college days the most than my school days. Those days are which I had fun growing up and a lot of stories I can tell my kids about. Everybody has a story behind an achievement, so do I.
I want to relate my own experience of how I won an inter-collegiate debate competition.

Consider we're back in time while reading the rest of the post .

My first year went well. I always made friends very easily and the year went on smooth. The second year came in in an Autumn and that brought a Spring along with it. Yes, that's when I had the most dear memories.

We were all busy working on a group presentation. The day came where we had to overcome the stage fear and gear ourselves to present . Back in those days, on-stage was scary for us than examinations. Almost each and every group managed to score well. Days passed …auditions came rolling in from the Arts circle. Me and Romi ( She's my best friend from college. Talented, beautiful and lucky since she had a friend like me :P ) got selected for the debate competition organized by the University. It was a huge thing for us to represent our college at a University level competition ! We both were working really hard to hit the floor.

The debate was scheduled and conducted in the University campus. The university campus was a vast area spread over 411 acres. The funniest thing that happened is that we were lost in the campus. It felt like we were in the middle of a Jumanji forest and we had no clue of where we should be headed. It was 8:55 am already and the debate was to be started sharp at 9:00.

Time was ticking and we were unable to locate the concerned department where the contest was scheduled to begin sharply in a couple of minutes.

Just imagine the situation! Tell me what you would have done in this situation? A large campus, confusing roads and a final destination we had to reach- we almost felt like rats in a maze !

After an exhausting search, we reached the venue late by almost half an hour . Both of us were trembling out of sheer shame pleading the audience for making a late entry. But the jury was very kind and humble to let us in without any question or enquiry. By the time we settled, the second contestant almost finished and the third participant stood boldly for their turn. Both of us were tongue-tied and we had the same thought running in our minds - our names on the list of participation was ruled out before we could actually perform because we entered late.

Keeping our fingers crossed, we were waiting in our seats. The jury called out college names, and participants from those performed on stage. And I could swear every college name they announced sounded to us like ours, but no. Then finally came a name - and this time, it was in fact our college name!

We were amazed, anxious, nervous, curious, all at the same time. We went near the stage, looked at each other as we climbed up the stage and flawlessly delivered our speech. Yes, flawlessly. After we came down, we sat silently gazing at each other,blindly, as our stares meant "What did we just speak on the stage ? How did we?" We somehow managed to suppress the pressure accumulated- right from the entry till the end of our turn.

There were, in all, nine entries from various famous colleges and we were a part in those entries…this fact actually amazed me. We were lucky to be even a participant in that reputed event. The competitions went on till noon. Like the others we were also hungry and having delivered our speech, all we could think about was FOOD !

During the lunch break we were offered traditional banquet food. Though we are inclined to trendy food these days, in reality we relish our traditional food , right ; how many of you agree?

It was almost 4 in the evening, we and all the other contestants along-with their respective faculties hurried to the auditorium. After a brief speech by the Chief Guest, the announcement of the winners from various categories started. Romi and I were equally excited for the results and also sad about our late entry in the competition. But we wanted to show our spirit and decided to cheer-up and enjoy the lighted atmosphere.

As the results were being announced, we put our hands together and congratulated the winners. We heard them announce the third prize for the debate was bagged by a different college and we were like, 'Never mind'. We clapped and congratulated the contestants sitting just next to us. It was all normal until they announced the second prize winners. We thought we didn't hear it right but the announcement was that our college was the runner up of the event! Romi and I couldn’t move. Our legs were paralyzed in surprise, but had to move to grab the prize. Tears of happiness rolled down our cheeks. We couldn’t control our joy on the victory and we had worked so hard for it. It was then that I realised the sayings "Hardwork never fails" and "God helps those who help themselves." were true indeed.

I was flying high in the sky …and I do every time I think about that moment. Till today, I feel this is an unexpected achievement and I will always reminisce those moments in my life.

If you like my writing, please give your feedback below the comments section.

                                                                    THANK YOU

Comments

  1. IIT is very nice..please continue ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading all of that is taking me back in time to my college memories 🥰 Keep writing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very nice I love it so much please continue writing

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very nice I love it so much please continue writing

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very nice I love it so much please continue writing

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very nice I love it so much please continue writing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice and good thrilling experience

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are we eating in the right manner

Life hack to #Happiness